Wednesday 19 August 2009

vaca update

Yesterday was my last shift at the bar/restaurant. I didn't feel too sad because I know I'll see everyone for a few more weeks at least. I know when I leave the building for the last time I'll have a hard time holding back the tears. But thats not what this post is about. I just realized that I haven't really posted about my two week vacation thats coming up. So here is a little preview of what we will be doing.

My oldest sister, Lacey, and her husband are leaving tonight and arriving tomorrow morning. They are renting a car and going straight to the highlands for a little romantic road-trip. They will be in Edinburgh either Friday night or Saturday morning. We'll have two days in the city to show them around. Lacey really wants to see where Amy and I work so we might fit in a quick game of bingo before heading over to Cameo for dinner and to do the pub quiz. *Side note* The pub quiz is so much fun! Every Sunday night there is a quiz with four rounds of 10 questions. There are usually 15-20 teams and the winner of each round gets some chocolate, with the overall prize being a £30 bar tab. If its not too busy the bar staff try and get a team in there too, which is why I always loved working Sunday nights.
Sunday night the plan is (for me anyways) to not go to sleep. Weird plan, right? But we have to catch a bus in the city at 3:15 Monday morning. That means we would have to get up at about 1:30 for all of us to start having showers and make sure our room is spic and span. *another side note* Amy and I have to have our room completely packed up and clean before we leave on Monday. We won't be back until September, so to save us having to pay rent for two more weeks we are going to technically be out of the room. Then its up to Neil whether or not he finds someone to take the room. We'll still be staying here for the two weeks after our trip, but we'll just be on the couch (or if no one is in the room yet I'm sure we'll sleep in our old beds).
So, since Lacey and Duane only have two days in the city, I figure they'll want to enjoy it and not go to bed at 7:30 in order to get a decent nights sleep. The bus ride to the airport (we have to go to Glasgow) will take about two hours and the flight to Paris is about an hour and a half. Not a lot of sleep but I'm hoping our excitment for being in France will make us forget about the lack of sleep.
Here is a quick summary of our trip:
Monday morning: fly to Paris, get rental car and drive to beaches of Normandy. We have Monday and Tuesday to do the beaches, Mont St. Michel and visit any cute French towns along the way.
Wednesday: Tour of the Palace of Versailles. Wednesday evening will be spent in Paris.
Thursday: Duane flies home in the morning. Us girls will spend the rest of the day touring Paris
Friday: Disneyland Paris!!!
Saturday: Last day in Paris
Sunday: We have an early train ride to London. We are taking the Eurostar train, which is the super fast train that goes through a tunnel under the English Channel. We'll have most of Sunday for London
Monday: London
Tuesday: day trip from London... maybe to Stonehenge and Bath.
Wednesday: Last day in London
Thursday: Lacey flies home, Amy and I fly to Edinburgh.

It's going to be an amazing, long, expensive trip! I've been so busy with work the past few weeks that I haven't really had time to think about the fact that in a few days I'm going to see so many amazing things... and my sister and BIL, who I haven't seen since February. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Have fun my lady. I'm sure I won't really get a chance to talk to you again before all this goes down but if you do get a chance to call, please do! Love you.

Logi said...

Oh I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see all your pictures! And Disneyland Paris; I'm so jealous! Have a fabulous time! Miss you bunches!

Holly said...

Fantastic! I'm so jealous! Have a fabulous time :)