If you're on Facebook you know that everyone has been writing a note with 25 random facts about them. I'm always trying to think of new blog posts so I thought I would write my list here instead of on Facebook. Hopefully I can come up with 25 things! Here goes: (and I'll try not to make them all about traveling and Scotland!)
1. My parents have four daughters and my two oldest sisters each have two daughters. Sister #2 is due WITH A BOY! any day now. It's about time, eh?
2. I LOVE cowboys. Anything with a cowboy design on it I love. I have a set of sheets that I got from Target with cowboys on them. I got them a few years ago but I still love them...even though I'm now 22.
3. I have dreams of marrying a cowboy and living on a ranch in Montana with lots of horses. I also have dreams of being a big shot book publisher in New York City. I'll probably grow up to be a stay-at-home mom of three with a mortgage, a duplex and a mini-van...which I would be very happy with :)
4. I love visiting my Grandparents in Phoenix. I love waking up in the morning, going into their backyard and picking a grapefruit or tangelo to have for breakfast. If I could move there I would. I've looked into moving and working in the states countless times, but unfortunately, unless you have a uni. degree its hard to get a work visa. If only my parents had gotten us girls dual citizenship back when it was a matter of signing some papers and paying the $100 fee.
5. To go along with #4, I love traveling. My first trip without my parents was a roadtrip from Vancouver to Calgary through the Rocky Mountains. It was amazing! My first trip out of North America was flying over to Scotland.
6. I hate being late for things. I hate it even more when other people make me late.
7. I love baking and I am famous for my Chocolate Lava Cakes. They are to die for, if I do say so myself! They are actually very easy to make and I use the recipe from the T.V. show Take Home Chef (with a few changes).
8. If I could change anything about myself it would be to be able to sing like Carrie Underwood (or someone equally fantastic) and to draw/paint.
9. I love my huge/crazy/fun extended family. The Whitfields usually get together twice a year, with many smaller get togethers in between, and we always have a fantastic time. Every summer we all go to our grandparents farm in Northern Ontario. This summer will be the first time in 22 years that I won't be going to the farm. *tear* We don't get together as often with my mom's family because most of them live in the states. I wish we could see each other more because we always have so much fun together.
10. My favourite TV shows are Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters and The Amazing Race. I can't live without these shows and watch them online every week to stay caught up with this season.
11. I've never broken any bones.
12. I got my eyebrow pierced a few months ago. My mom thinks its too 'harsh' for me, but I love it!
13. I don't like driving. I would much rather sit shotgun and relax or read a book. With that being said, I am glad I have my license and am able to drive somewhere (the mall!) whenever I want.
14. I LOVE reading. One of my favourite stores is Book Depot in St. Catharines. I love going there to find amazing deals on books. I have a bookshelf full of books at home that I have never read but I still continue to go to Book Depot to buy new ones. It's kind of an addiction.
15. I love spending time with my nieces. One of the hardest things about living so far away is knowing I will miss out on the changes they will go through in the year. I am very thankful my sisters had kids before me because I have learned a lot from them. Kids are hard work but totally worth it!
16. I think I have some pretty amazing friends. Two of my closest friends just booked tickets to Scotland for 12 days for an awesome Scottish roadtrip. I can't wait!
17. My grade 5 teacher, Miss Moore, is a professional curler. In her first appearance at the Scott Tournament of Hearts her team got second place to Sandra Schmirler (a famous Canadian curler, for those of you who aren't Canadian). I just googled her and apparetnly she had her own team for a while before joining another. Way to go Miss Moore!
18. I have no desire to be an actress but I would gladly become one if I could be in a period movie, just to wear one of those fancy dresses...corset and all.
19. When I was three or so I watched Chipmunk Adventure every afternoon for months.
20. Again when I was three or so a babysitter made my sisters and I watch Friday the 13th. As you can imagine it freaked me out and I had to sleep in my parents room for about a year after.
21. I have a really hard time not laughing when I see someone fall.
22. I can't burp.
23. I have always wanted to learn to play the violin.
24. I'm ashamed to say I love reading celebrity gossip magazines, watching shows like TMZ and Entertainment Tonight and reading celebrity news from the MSN homepage. But, I hate that the celebrities get hounded by paparazzi every where they go to get the pictures and stories that I love to see and read.
25. I secretly want to be a celebrity or model for a day or two, just to see what it would be like to be famous. I would also love to go to the Oscars wearing some fabulous gown that some designer like Vera Wang or Oscar de la Renta handmade just for me. It would be the ultimate game of dress-up.
Finally finished! Hope you enjoy it. :)