Wednesday 3 June 2009

A Few of My Favourite Things

There are a few stores here that I have grown to love. Every time I walk to the shopping area I have to go in them to look around. For the most part I have never bought anything from these stores because they are out of my price range, but I like to dream. Today I bought something for the first time at one of my favourites. The store is called Cath Kidston and its a vintage inspired home ware/accessories/clothing store. It's a small shop but they have a little bit of everything. They have several different vintage inspired patterns and each of the mugs, purses, or whatever you're wanting to buy is available in each of the patterns. Here are a few of my favourite patterns:




And my personal favourite... cowboys! You can get anything you want in this pattern.... purses, wellies, baby clothes, baby bags, a crib set (so cute!)

I bought a mug in this pattern today. I was going to post a picture of it but it's not available on the website.

Seriously, I could spend hundreds of pounds in this store.

Another one of my favourite stores is called Monsoon. It's a clothing store that sort of reminds me of RW & Co. Probably because I love everything in the store but can't afford anything. Here's a link to the website. They have some beautiful dresses.
Monsoon

My favourite store here that I ACTUALLY buy things at is called New Look. It's another clothing store, but wayyyyyy more affordable. A lot of the clothes are a little too 'hip' for me, but I always manage to find something I like.

These are a few of my favourite stores here that I will miss shopping at. I signed up to recieve a magazine from Cath Kidston, but I put down my Canadian address so when I'm home I'll still be able to get a little taste of the store.

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Oooh I love Cath Kidston!

Logi said...

We need New Look in Ontario!!

A New England Girl said...

Love that I found your blog through Lucy Marie... I went to the University of Edinburgh and loved my time spent in the city [although I was glad to finally graduate and hightail it home in May of '08- I even skipped the June graduation date!]. It's always nice to find people who have been or enjoy the city as much as I do. My last year, I lived in the cutest little flat across the Meadows in Marchmont. [if you're ever over that way, PLEASE try out the Victor Hugo deli on Livingstone Place if you're ever over there]. It was a nice way to end my time in the city.

I hope you enjoy your last three months! :)