Friday 24 April 2009

I'm So Happy, So Very Happy

I talked to my parents today and got some good news. First, a little background info...
When Amy and I go home in September we plan on spending a few weeks at home and then moving to Waterloo (an hour and a bit from our parents) to find an apartment and jobs. Our sister and her family have graciously agreed to let us live with them for a month or two while we figure things out. The thing is, we have no furniture. No bed, no couch, no bookshelves. We also won't have a lot of money to furnish our apartment with. Our parents got a new table a few months ago and kept the old one for us, but a table and a few chairs does not a furnished apartment make!
When we talked to our parents today they said they moved our furniture into our sisters basement. At first I thought they had moved my hope chest and maybe my bed but my dad started talking about a couch and coffee table and some cute lamps. What!? Who's couch? Whose coffee table? Whose cute lamps? Well, apparently we've received some nice hand-me-downs from one of our aunt and uncles (and her parents) who just built a new house and all moved in together. This made me so happy! Theres still lots that we will need, but its a good start and I'm just glad we won't be sitting on boxes when we move in.

Is it bad that I am living in Scotland and the idea of moving home and decorating my first apartment sounds more exciting to me right now?????

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Awesome news! Except not awesome that you are actually going to move there and not come home to me.

I loved your list about what you love on fridays.

Can't wait to see you NEXT week!

Emily said...

Moving to Waterloo eh!? Suweeeet! It's a great place to live! :) And super cool that you ladies will be so close by. can't wait!
Just think, you can come over every Wednesday and be ignored while Laura, Evan, Andy and I watch Lost. tee hee! :)