Wednesday 1 April 2009

Cake Disaster

A few years ago I came across a website called uglydress.com. Naturally I clicked on the link hoping to have a laugh at some hideous prom and wedding dresses. There was a story on the website about a wedding cake that is just too good for words. My friend reminded me of it today so I thought I would share it with you.

First of all, here is the picture the bride sent to her baker:


So, it's not the cake I'll choose for my wedding, but its not horrible. Maybe it's for a Scottish wedding.



Now here is the cake the baker delivered on the wedding day:




Are you kidding me? There must be something seriously wrong with the baker. If I were the baker I would rather not bring anything to the wedding than show up with this hideous cake that looks like it was decorated by my four nieces. If I were the bride, I would rather not have a cake than have this ugly excuse for one. When I first saw this picture I think I stared at it for ten minutes in disbelief. I wish I knew what was going on in the bakers mind. The bride ended up suing the baker and I'm thinking she probably got her money back.


I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did the first time I saw it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, that is a work of art!!

Holly said...

That is so hilarious! Seriously, would the baker really want that representing his/her business?

Lucy Marie said...

Aren't you so glad that I reminded you of the funniness that is that cake? I had a good roar about that yesterday when I found it again too.