Wednesday 20 May 2009

My Bucket List

I've never seen the movie The Bucket List, but I like the idea of making a list of goals/dreams that I have for my life. I started writing the list as I was sitting in the park near Edinburgh Castle today. Visiting Scotland has always been a big dream of mine that, truthfully, I didn't think would happen--at least not for a long time. So who knows how many of these will actually come true. Some of these are serious, some are silly and some will (most likely!) never happen, but I'm hoping that having this list will help me accomplish the more important ones.
In no particular order, here's my list so far:

1. Swim in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
2 .Write a novel
3. Own a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes
4. Be on the cover of a magazine
5. Play with my nieces and nephew more
6. See the Eiffel Tower
7. Find and marry the man of my dreams
8. Take a picture in front of the Hollywood sign
9. Ride a horse without being afraid
10. Learn to play the violin
11. Be a better Christian
12. Own a Kate Spade bag
13. Be a model
14. Have three kids
15. Kiss the Blarney Stone
16. Go to New York City
17. Find a career I love
18. Learn to play the piano
19. Start running, or at least doing some sort of regular exercise
20. Meet Brad Pitt :)
21. Get another tattoo
22. Design and build my dream home
23. Go to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville
24. Meet the Pioneer Woman
25. Help build a school somewhere in Africa
26. See the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
27. Go skydiving or bungee jumping
28. Be more patient
29. Do something that scares me
30. Be more outgoing
31. Go on the bungee swing ride at Canada's Wonderland
32. Be an adventurous baker
33. Help a stranger
34. Give more to charities
35. Try to only buy something if I really need it (I already know I'm going to fail at this one)
36. Sponsor a child
37. Be a stay at home mom
38. Get married within the next five years
39. See Scotland --check!
40. Go on a real vacation with my family
41. Be an extra in a movie
42. Stop letting my shyness stop me from doing things I want to do
43. Get my own apartment
44. Build something out of wood
45. Go to the Calgary Stampede
46. Be a volunteer
47. Read my bible more often
48. Eat healthier
49. Run a marathon
50. Love myself even if I don't accomplish any of these goals

What are you goals? I challenge you to write down at least 10 goals you have for yourself, whether they're future goals or something you want to accomplish by the end of this week.
I know that having a list will help us all to be accountable for what we are, or are not, accomplishing. I'm already trying to eat healthier--right after I eat the delicious looking chocolate brownie mousse sundae thing I bought today...

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

When you get home, let's sign up and start training for a 5 K run.

He he .. p.s. Kind of funny that the word on the word verification is "track" considering the tone of the comment?

Emily said...

Wow, what an amazing list! It's so cool to have something like this written up to look back on and keep track of what you've done. I could give this a lot of thought, but here are a few off the top of my head:
1. Go on an Alaskan Cruise.
2. Take my kids (and me!) to Disney World.
3. Own my own Cafe or Bakery.
4. Go to the top of the CN Tower (its really sad i've never been to it)
5. Be more present with my children, and less worried about my own schedule.
6. Learn how to work a BBQ.
7. Get a risky haircut, and maybe some highlights (I've always had long, relatively straight hair. I'm too chicken to try new things...especially after my wedding experience).

...put my child to bed...seriously, he's wailing here...